Search This Blog

Monday, June 1, 2009

My First Post - Introduction

Hi everyone, my name is Anthony and I am going to be in the Single Subject Mathematics credential program beginning in the fall. I graduated from the University of Redlands in the spring of 2008 with a B.S. in Mathematics and a Minor in Computer Science. The minor in computer science I obtained more than readied me for this course, far surpassing the minimum Computer Competencies requirement for the course. I spent countless hours behind a computer screen writing computer code in many different languages.

I have also had many experiences working with children, mostly in the high school age range. My first experience working with high school students was when I worked as a volunteer tutor at Escondido High School in their AVID program for a year. More recently, I currently hold a job as a tutor at a small tutoring company in Temecula, where I live. I have been doing that for about a year now and I love it. As far as the credential program is concerned, as I said above, I have just recently been admitted to the Single Subject Mathematics program and and currently taking this class, along with the other two pre-requisite courses in order to be fully admitted for the fall.

From this class I hope to network with both current and future teachers to learn about how to apply technology in the classroom. I received some experience with this in my work at Escondido High, however, I would love to hear new ideas from other people about how to integrate it. As someone who considers themselves technically savvy, technology in the classroom is something I will attempt to utilize whenever possible.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Anthony,
    Sounds like you have a lot of experience with computers so I am glad you sit next to me in class! I have worked in the Escondido School District as well (at OG though) so I know some of the goings on there too. I am also excited to learn about how to integrate technology in the classroom as much as possible!
    Staci

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm amazed by your strong background in computers. 422 is still tech-based, although we'll also discuss teaching and learning with technology. Hopefully you'll hear more ideas about content area applications of technology in credential courses.

    Rong-Ji

    ReplyDelete